We can make a difference !
Our small charity here in the UK, inspiration of a common NHS Doctor, born at Morena, son of an ordinary school teacher, having seen and experienced the sufferings of these poor and unfortunate children as one of them ; supported by a tiny group of individuals, who give their time and money, as generously as they can, is gradually developing its network. We need all kinds of people from all walks of life and of all ages to help us build upon the work already started and work with us with enthusiasm and commitment to achieve in this endeavour. Sometimes the prospects seem daunting, but we continue and carry on remembering that one cannot do everything, it doesn't mean that one shouldn't do anything.
A little goes a very long way in India, and we have the means to use it right now. There are many ways an individual, or an organisation, can help to make a difference:
Any help, however little it may be is welcome:
1b. The Inland Revenue has recognised this charity to receive tax repayments as donations. Our unique code is "PAA72DG". Please quote this code in your self-assessment returns for refund of tax as donations to GCH.
1c. You can sponsor a child for £10 or $20 PM (£1000 or $2000 once in life time) or a disabled and destitute child for £20 or $40 PM (£2000 or $4000 once only) in Snehalaya giving him/her a new life with dignity. Please consider setting up a standing order payment direct to our bank. Please see the details on Sponsor a Child page or write to us for any questions. Every sponsor is sent with report and progress for the child, a hand made gift from the respective sponsored child with his/her photograph every year
2. By donating your stocks and shares. You can gift your odd lot shares without any costs and you can reclaim tax for your such donation for the value of shares.
3. By giving time - to publicise the need of the children of Gwalior, or by tackling a little light fund raising. Ask us for support please. Please pass on our request and message to everyone to help us. Just tell everyone about Gwalior Childrens Hospital charity and this work, whom you know or meet everyday.
Click here for our Fundraising event or sponsorship form (word document)
4. By buying greeting cards (different style with Indian heritage, monuments, miniature paintings etc.) Indian handicraft items, pottery, clocks, clothes etc. from our Charity shop in Walsall. Any items can be ordered and will be delivered within 4-6 weeks. All profits will be used for charity only.
Our Souvenir Shop- http://gchvols.pbwiki.com/SouvenirShop or Chose to send a greeting card on line and be environmental friendly too to decrease pollution http://www.CharityGreetings.com/gwaliorchildrenshospital
Some other ways you can help us with our fund raising are given below with links as follows -
For your all shopping on line from all big names and stores with available discounts, buy from http://www.buy.at/helpchildrenofindia or support Gwalior Childrens Hospital Charity (Help Children of India). http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk
You can save money for yourself as well help us by choosing to switch
for cheapest available utility for your needs http://www.switch2help.com/mycharity-gwalior_Childrens_hospital_(Help_Children_of_India) or
just choose and vote for Gwalior Childrens Hospital (Help Children
of India) at http://www.wisdomtrust.org or
use Everyclick for all your searches on internet... benefits Gwalior
Childrens Hospital when you make it your home-page and it's all at
no cost to you!http://www.everyclick.com/uk/gwaliorchildrenshospital
Free phone to request for freepost envelopes, free collection or further details -
Tel. 0800 3898172 or fax 0800 0320849
Please do not forget to mention "Gwalior Children Hospital" as your favoured charity to support and donations when sending these items to them and help us for fundraising.
for a period to provide training and education to local medical, nursing, other personnel, teachers, trainees and students and services to the people in the community. Schemes to subsidise costs exist, or the charity can reimburse them depending upon availability of funds. All students and trainees are welcome to join us to gain work experience.
6. By sponsoring the expenses of a child, a patient, a bed, or a unit in the hospital or a rural area. Just £10 a month will provide home, food, education and complete medical care to a poor, disabled child on the streets to make him/her independent and lead a life with self respect and esteem. £10 provides sight to a blind person or £2 will provide for vaccinations for three children. £5 provides for hospitalisation expenses for a child for one day or books and toys for one child for a year.
£250 will provide for health care services through mobile hospital
to 300 people in slums or villages for the day including health education,
vaccinations, investigations, treatment and operations at site. Your donation
of £1000 once or £120 p.a. or £10 p.m. or equivalent
in any currency will provide a new life to a disabled child on streets
in India. Click here for our Fundraising event
or sponsorship form (word document).
7. By providing equipment or hospital supplies. We do not mind if it is old, outdated or obsolete as per standards in the UK or USA, provided it is in good working condition and functional.
We also need education material, books, toys, clothes etc. If you are able to help in any way, or simply want more information, call or write to :
Gwalior Children's Hospital Charity,
In association with Gwalior Hospital & Education Charitable Trust,
(Gwalior Children Hospital Campus), Opposite Police Station, Jhansi Road,
Gwalior. - 474009 (M.P.) India (Regd. Charity No. 5/96-97/B-113 (i)).
Tel no. + 91-(O) 751 2410440 and 2435537(Residence), Fax no +91(0)751
2329455, E-mail : email@example.com
and Gwalior Health & Education Society, Hargovind Mishra Colony, Mahadji
Park, Gwalior-474 001. Tel. +91 (O) 751-2435819